These are some of the most common characteristics that describe a successful professional organizer. If you are thinking about a career in the professional organizing industry, consider whether these characteristics describe you:
- Ability to listen and infer what a client means
- Ability to customize organizational systems to meet client needs
- Ability to teach and pass on skills
- Ability to visualize spatially
- Ability to ask the right questions to encourage the client to come up with the answer
- Ability to see the big picture and break goals down into manageable steps
- Ability to categorize and plan ahead
- Physical and mental endurance
- Professionalism in attitude and appearance
- Strong business skills
We also encourage you to join us at a NAPO-St. Louis chapter meeting. Our meetings give you the opportunity to network with other organizers, to learn about the organizing profession, and to ask questions about breaking into the organizing industry!
If you are serious about becoming a professional organizer, we hope that you will become a member of NAPO-St. Louis, because we believe that together, we are better!