Ergonomics: Working Safely in Any Environment
Ergonomics will be defined and described. Examples of how to apply ergonomic principles at work (and at home) will be demonstrated, giving the attendees some general tips on how to limit the chances of pain and injury in their everyday lives. Options for company-specific or job-specific ergonomic consultation services, including ergonomic analysis and workstation modification, will also be discussed.
The presentation will be in a discussion format, allowing attendees plenty of time for their questions.
Presented by: Tish S. Kettler, MSPT, CEAS
Licensed Physical Therapist & Certified Ergonomic Assessment Specialist
Tish Kettler received her master of science in physical therapy from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and advanced training in ergonomics from The Back School of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA). She has also recently earned certification as a Kinesiology Taping Specialist. Throughout her career, Tish has been exceptionally dedicated to her work, providing her clients with high quality care and established clinical skill.
- 11:00am - 11:45am Socializing and Networking
- 11:45am - 12:00pm Welcome and Introductions
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm Educational Program
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm Chapter Business Meeting
- 1:30pm - 2:00pm Optional Q&A Session for New Organizers
- 1:30pm - 2:00pm Optional "Trade Secrets" discussion for Members - Topic is "How do you find out who your ideal client is?"