Our February meeting will take place over Zoom.
“Client Moves Made Easy: Tips, Tricks, and Pitfalls”
Barry Izsak, CPO®, CRTS
NAPO National Member
Have you ever thought about offering moving services but were afraid to because of liability and the moving horror stories you have heard?
Or maybe you have offered limited moving services but have found yourself in some sticky situations that turned you off to this kind of work?
Are you a veteran move manager who wants to learn more and fine tune the systems you currently use?
Or perhaps you just want to gain the necessary skills to manage your own upcoming move?
If you answered “YES” to any of the above questions, then this enlightening presentation is for you. With over 25 years of direct experience in moving clients and managing move logistics, Barry will de-mystify the moving process and share proven strategies and methods that will ensure your success.
This session will better equip you to:
- Understand your role as a move manager
- Cope with the challenges move managers face
- Understand the benefits and risks of providing packing and unpacking services
- Mitigate risk in everything that you do
- Counsel clients to avoid costly mistakes and unexpected outcomes
In this “nuts and bolts” presentation, you will also learn:
- Common misunderstood moving industry terms you need to know
- How to create a client estimate that works to limit your liability
- The difference between valuation coverage and insurance
- How to structure the move process for success
- Packing and unpacking “Do’s” and “Don’ts”
…..and so much more!
With over two decades of experience “in the trenches” managing moves and move logistics, Barry’s goal is to help you avoid some of the mistakes he made along the way and to ensure smoother moves for your clients!
Whether you're planning on tackling move management in your professional organizing business...or not, this is a "must attend" event for Professional Organizers.
Former NAPO National President Barry Izsak is one of NAPO's national treasures. After he sold his professional organizing and move management business, Barry created PackingMovingUnpacking.com, a concierge moving and transition company to help people manage relocations of all types.
Meeting Format (TIMES ARE IN THE CENTRAL TIME ZONE)
- 9:00am - 9:15am Optional: Socializing/Networking
- 9:15am - 9:45am Welcome and Introductions
- 9:45am - 11:00am Featured Program (note - 75 minutes)
- 11:00am - 11:10am Board and Business Partner Spotlight
- 11:10am - 11:30am Announcements and Wrap Up
- 11:30am - 12:00pm Optional: Q&A for New Organizers
Note: Registration is limited to 70 guests. Registration ends Saturday, February 11th at 11:59PM.
Since our meeting is being held on Zoom, for safety and privacy we will send out the specific link to join our meeting the day before our meeting, on Sunday, February 12th.
Chapter members can choose to attend or not attend, no RSVP required.