Our August meeting will take place over Zoom.
“What's a Photo Without the Story?
How to Create Your Family Legacy”
NAPO Emeritus Member
Think you don’t have stories to tell?
Of course you do. Everyone does!
In this talk you will learn why (and how) you (and your clients) can:
- Tell your family stories
- Enhance your stories by adding photos and details
- Identify mystery photos & investigate family legends
- Dig deeper & climb higher on your family tree
- Tell the stories of your things, too
- Leave a legacy, not a burden
Hazel Thornton is an author, genealogist, and NAPO Emeritus Member who loves helping others to discover and tell the stories of their photos, families, and things.
During her professional organizing career, she decluttered homes and offices and created organizing systems and ideal schedules. But it was photo organizing that rekindled her love of genealogy research. She also became interested in end-of-life matters, which include downsizing and making decisions now, so your loved ones won’t have to later. All of these experiences and interests dovetailed in the form of her 2021 book, What’s a Photo Without the Story? How to Create Your Family Legacy. And now she’s working on a workbook called Go With the Flow: The Clutter-Clearing Tool Kit for an Organized Life, featuring her original Clutter Flow Charts.
Hazel’s qualifications include 3 decades of genealogy research experience; 15 years of organizing clients’ stuff, space, and time (in person and virtually); formal education in mechanical engineering, drafting, and fine arts; and more than 20 years as a technology planner at a large telecommunications company.
Meeting Format (TIMES ARE IN THE CENTRAL TIME ZONE)
- 9:45am - 10:00am Optional: Socializing/Networking
- 10:00am - 10:30am Welcome and Introductions
- 10:30am - 11:30am Featured Program
- 11:30am - 11:40am Board and Business Partner Spotlight
- 11:40am - 12:00pm Announcements and Wrap Up
- 12:00pm - 12:30pm Optional: Q&A for New Organizers
Note: Registration is limited to 70 guests. Registration ends Saturday, August 6th at 11:59PM.
Since our meeting is being held on Zoom, for safety and privacy we will send out the specific link to join our meeting the day before our meeting, on Sunday, August 7th.
Chapter members can choose to attend or not attend, no RSVP required.