Small Business Cybersecurity Attack and Defense
The most important concern a small business has is with Cybersecurity.
- What happens when ransomware takes over your computer?
- How and why are we being hacked?
- As a small business there may not be a lot of resources to steal so why are we being targeted?
Small businesses may not have resources to defend like a large company, so how can a good defense be created?
The business case for Cybersecurity is different for everyone – and even if you outsource to the cloud there is risk. Risk Assessment is the key for all business. Figure out your weaknesses and shore them up using minimal resources.
Tony Zafiropoulos has over 25 years experience in Information Technology. He earned a Washington University Systems Engineering degree, then started his career at a software company in technical support. Tony continued his career as a software integration project at McDonnell Douglas, then a systems administration consulting work for 100 plus computer network for 10 years.
Tony followed project contracts in large enterprise environments starting with implementation manager at AT&T, followed by a focus on Security at Pfizer and Savvis enterprise environments. Pfizer’s environment included 200k computers in a worldwide network. Tony spent a couple of years teaching introductory hacking courses at ITT Tech and CAIT (Wash U. Trade School). He has been doing consulting work for small to medium size companies since the late '90s.
Tony's current emphasis is small business Cybersecurity audits. He is a (CISA) Certified Information Systems Auditor with ISACA.
- 9:15am - 9:30am Socializing and Networking
- 9:30am - 10:00am Welcome and Introductions
- 10:00am - 10:10am Business Partner Spotlight
- 10:10am - 11:10am Educational Program
- 11:10am - 11:30am Announcements
- 11:30am - 12:00pm (Optional) Q&A Session for New Organizers