Learn & Connect Through Client Case Studies
This interactive session will give us an opportunity to think and talk through client challenges through provided case studies. We will work in small groups, exploring a case study or two in collaborative discussions, sharing relevant observations and questions, and brainstorming strategies.
Back in the large group we’ll listen to the small-group observations and favorite strategies -- and discuss the way(s) forward with this client and how to develop stronger and broader skills to assess and address real-life organizing dilemmas.
Participants will learn to:
- Explore a client scenario to identify strengths, challenges, modalities, health concerns, motivation, and resources.
- Collaborate with other chapter members who have different levels of experience, training and backgrounds
- Generate and evaluate a variety of approaches in addressing client needs
- Consider their own comfort-level and boundaries with different kinds of client challenges.
Denslow Brown, MCC, CPO, CPO-CD, ICD Master Trainer
Coach Approach for Organizers™
The Organizer Coach
Denslow Brown has been a professional organizer since 1974 – and a mentor coach and an ADD coach since 1997. She lives in Drury, Missouri, 200 miles from St. Louis, but she’s been a NAPO-St. Louis member since the chapter’s inception in 2006. She has earned the top certifications in the organizing, coaching, and ADD coaching fields and is a frequent presenter at conferences in these three fields.
Through Denslow’s Coach Approach for Organizers™ telecourses, professional organizers are trained to use coaching skills in their work with clients. Through the Institute for Applied Coaching™, she credentials Certified Organizer Coaches®.
- 9:30am - 9:50am Socializing and Networking
- 9:50am - 10:10am Welcome and Introductions
- 10:10am - 11:10am Educational Program
- 11:10am - 11:30am Announcements
- 11:30am - 12:00pm Optional Q&A Session for New Organizers
- 11:30am - 12:00pm Optional Trade Secrets Discussion - Members Only