Creating and Protecting the Intangible: Trademark & Copyright Pointers You Can Use
In this talk, Bridget Hoy, a local intellectual property and business dispute lawyer, will discuss intangible rights you may have, and should be protecting, in your business name, your logos, your designs, and more. Real life examples of trademark and copyright successes and failures will be explored, along with best practices and business pointers you can put to use immediately to increase the value of your brands and protect these important intangible assets for long term success.
Bridget G. Hoy is a litigation partner at the law firm of Lewis Rice in St. Louis, Missouri. Ms. Hoy represents plaintiffs and defendants, individuals and companies, in a broad range of business-related disputes and intellectual property matters. She regularly helps clients successfully navigate contract, consumer fraud, personal injury, trademark, patent, and other issues. Ms. Hoy litigates cases in both federal and state courts in Missouri, Illinois, and across the country, and also represents clients in administrative and arbitration proceedings.
- 11:00am - 11:30am Socializing and Networking
- 11:30am - 12:00pm Welcome and Introductions
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm Educational Program
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm Chapter Business Meeting
- 1:30pm - 2:00pm Optional Q&A Session for New Organizers
- 1:30pm - 2:00pm Optional "Trade Secrets" discussion for Members - Topic: Recommending Organizing Tools to Clients