The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up and the Joy of Changing a Life Through Your Donations
You know Goodwill is a great place to take donations, but do you know what happens to your donations?
Our speaker, Sharon Summers, will let us know how donations are handled and how the donations help so many people.
Sharon will also cover what Goodwill accepts for donations and answer all of your burning questions.
Presented by: Sharon Summers, Goodwill Donations Coordinator
For the last seven years Sharon Summers has been the Donations Manager at MERS/Goodwill. During that time, she created a program which she named Door To Store, developed a database from zero to almost 11,000 names, organized recycling drives, and kept over 1,500 tons of electronic waste out of the landfill.
Before that, Sharon was self-employed as an independent rep in Gifts and Decorative Accessories. During this period, she collaborated with three other women to open a showroom in the Kansas City Gift Mart.
- 9:30am - 9:50am Socializing and Networking
- 9:50am - 10:10am Welcome and Introductions
- 10:10am - 11:10am Educational Program
- 11:10am - 11:30am Announcements
- 11:30am - 12:00pm Optional Q&A Session for New Organizers
- 11:30am - 12:00pm Optional Trade Secrets Discussion - Members Only